The Ultimate Guide to Help You Plan Your Berlin Boat Tour Visit
A Berlin boat tour is a fascinating adventure. It’s a unique way to admire the city’s cultural hubs and famous landmarks. Berlin’s magnificent architecture and rich history deserve special attention, and Berlin boat tours provide that, making them the right pick for your Berlin tour. The German capital has many canals and waterways mainly washed by its two large rivers Spree and Havel. The best Berlin boat tours cruise through these rivers and tributaries, giving marvellous views of wonderful sites in the city. Use this guide to book your Berlin boat tours.
Berlin Boat Tour | Visitor Information At A Glance
- What are the Berlin Boat Tour timings?
Berlin Boat Tours begin daily at 11 AM and end at 6 PM.
- Where is the Berlin Boat Tour located?
Berlin Boat Tours begin from several locations along the city’s waterways. Friedrichstraße, Pier Alte Börse, and Charlottenburg are popular spots but check with the tour operator to know the starting point of your Berlin Boat Tour.
- How many visitors does the Berlin Boat Tour see every year?
Several companies offer the Berlin Boat Tour. As a result, it is difficult to estimate the cumulative yearly visitors. But it’s safe to say that over 100,000 people explore Berlin on boats yearly.
- What is the best time to go on a Berlin Boat Tour?
Summers are an excellent time to go on a Berlin Boat Tour. The weather is pleasant, and the days are longer, giving you ample time to explore the German capital on a boat.
Berlin Boat Tour Timings
- Sightseeing Cruise
Sightseeing Cruises through Berlin begin at 11 AM daily. They last for a couple of hours.
- Dinner Cruise
The timing of Dinner Cruises through Berlin varies from one operator to another. However, cruises generally begin between 6 to PM and last up to two hours.
- City Tour Cruise
City Tour Cruises in Berlin begin at 11 AM and last 2-4 hours, depending on your ticket.
Berlin Cruises Departure Points
Departure point: Am Weidendamm, 10117 Berlin, Germany
- By Train: Take the train line RE1.
- By S-Bahn (Rapid Rail): You can take trains along the S1, S25, S7, or S9 lines.
- By Bus: Bus lines 100, 147, and 300 lead to Am Weidendamm.
Departure point: Hohenzollerndamm 110A, 14199 Berlin, Germany
- By Train: You can take the train line RE1, RE7.
- By S-Bahn (Rapid Rail): You can take trains along the S41, S42, or S46 lines.
- By Bus: Take bus lines 100 or 115.
Departure point: Treptow-Köpenick, Berlin, Germany
- By Train: Train line S9 takes you from S+U Alexanderplatz Bhf to S Treptower Park.
- By Taxi: Taxis are the fastest way to reach S Treptower Park from Berlin.
- By Bus: The bus operating along Line 165 reaches S Treptower Park.
How to Get to the Berlin Boat Tour?
Train is one of the quicker ways to reach the starting point of your Berlin boat trip. Depending on the starting point, you can take the following:
- Train line S9 to reach S Treptower Park.
- Train lines RE1 and RE7 to reach Hohenzollerndamm 110A.
- Train line RE1 to reach Am Weidendamm.
Several bus lines operate in Berlin and can help you reach the startling point of your Berlin Boat Tour. Depending on the starting point, you can take the following:
- Line 165 to reach S Treptower Park.
- Lines 100 or 115 to reach Hohenzollerndamm 110A.
- Lines 100, 147, and 300 lead to Am Weidendamm.
By S-Bahn (Rapid Rail)
The Rapid Rail network in Berlin is extensive and can help you reach the various starting points for Berlin Boat Tours. Depending on your starting point, you can:
- Trains along the S1, S25, S7, or S9 lines to reach Am Weidendamm.
- Trains along the S41, S42, or S46 lines to reach Hohenzollerndamm 110A.
You can reach the various starting points for Berlin Boat Tours by road. You can take a taxi from the center of Berlin and reach Am Weidendamm, Hohenzollerndamm 110A, and S Treptower Park. All three locations are under 30 minutes from the Berlin city center.
Know Before You Go For Berlin Boat Tour
There are a variety of restaurants and places to indulge your appetite after a Berlin Boat session:
- BLOCK HOUSE Friedrichstraße - Head to this restaurant in Friedrichstraße 100 for the best steak in Berlin.
- Boulevard Friedrichstrasse - Enjoy the best of seasonal German cuisine and house-baked bread at this restaurant.
- Grill Royal - Immerse yourself in the delicious menu of this restaurant as you enjoy beautiful views of the river.
- Hoa Rong - This restaurant is known for its delicious Vietnamese cuisine and friendly staff.
You can choose from the following list of hotels to stay in during your trip to Berlin:
- Budget stays - NEOHOSTEL Berlin (5.7 km), Hotel-Pension-Grand (15.5 km), Motel Plus Berlin Neukölln (15 km)
- Comfort stays - Hotel Alter Markt (2.4 km), Hotel am Schloss Köpenick Berlin by Golden Tulip (3.6 km), Bett & Buch Hotel (4.7 km)
- Luxury stays - pentahotel Berlin Köpenick (3.5 km), Seminar and guesthouse Flussbad Gartenstrasse (3.9 km), Hotel Ambassador-Berlin Grünau (7.3 km)
- Follow the boat crew’s instructions. Ensure you know the safety equipment and how to safely navigate out of the boat if there’s an emergency.
- Avoid leaning over the edge of the boat. You may fall into the water.
- Check with the boat crew if you can smoke or consume alcohol while on board.
- Ensure you keep the boat clean and dispose of trash in designated areas. Keep the boat in the condition you found it.
- There’ll be several passengers on board with you. Respect everyone’s space.
- Check the boat tour operator’s rules for prohibited items before going on board.
Here are the facilities inside Berlin boat tours:
- Food and drinks
- Audio commentary
- Air conditioning
- Life jackets
- Berlin boat tours are accessible to guests with mobility issues and other disabilities.
- Guests can board the board and bring their wheelchairs to move around.
- The restrooms are also accessible to individuals with disabilities.
Book Your Berlin Boat Tours Tickets
Frequently Asked Questions About Visiting Berlin Boat Tour
Yes. You can take a Berlin Boat Tour in summer and winter.
A Berlin Boat Tour is a unique experience. It allows you to explore the best landmarks and places in the German capital from a different viewpoint.
No. Berlin Boat Tours aren’t free.
You can book tickets to take a Berlin Boat Tour online. With online tickets, you can get deals and discounts.
Berlin Boat Tour cost varies from €19.90 to €30, depending on your chosen package.
Summer is the best time to take a Berlin Boat Tour.
Most Berlin Boat Tours begin at 11 AM.
Yes. You can take a Berlin Boat Tour with a group.
Yes. You can take a Berlin Boat Tour with your kids.
Yes. The Berlin Boat Tours are wheelchair friendly.
Yes. You can buy food and drinks on the Berlin Boat Tours.
The duration of a Berlin Boat Tour varies on the cruise you choose. Some may last one hour, while others extend for 3-4 hours.
Yes. A Berlin Boat Tour is an excellent way to explore the best places in Berlin and see it from a unique vantage point.